Krytox™ TS4 PFPE sealant provides the highest securing performance for water, air, steam, natural gas, reactive gases and liquids without the drawbacks of PTFE tapes or other comparable products.
Krytox™ TS4 PFPE sealant is a fully fluorinated grease designed for threaded connections on valves, actuators, pipe fittings, and fasteners.
Operating temperature range of –54–149 ºC (–65–300 ºF).
Primary Chemistry: PFPE
Unlike PTFE tape, which should be removed
before re-application, Krytox™ TS4 can be
re-applied over existing Krytox™ thread sealant.
• Lubricates threads, preventing costly thread damage from galling and seizing during assembly. Allows low breakaway
torque for easy-to-break connections.
• Clings to threads and will not shred or tear on assembly/disassembly.
• Cannot plug or restrict critical piping, valves, or instruments like tape solids.
• Krytox™ TS4 is non-reactive, non-toxic, nonflammable, non-corrosive and compatible with most seal, O-ring, and valve polymers.
• No VOC content or hydrocarbon in the product; safe for oxygen use with no auto-ignition temperatures.
• Cost-effective—only a small amount of sealant needed per application.
• Fast and easy to apply, even while wearing protective gloves.
• Tested leak free under helium at 400 psi for 7 days.*
Clean all pipe and fitting threads with a non-chlorinated solvent to remove cutting/protective oil and chase threads with stiff wire brush to remove burrs, debris, and old sealant (PTFE tape, pipe dope, anaerobic resin, etc.).
• Check pipe and fittings against ASNI/ASME guideline B.20.1-1983 to meet specifications for proper fit and engagement.
• Construct piping systems following all applicable ANSI/ASME codes.
• Apply Krytox™ TS4 to fill the male threads evenly, up to the recommended engagement length from the ANSI/ASME guideline. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN.
Krytox™ greases are nontoxic lubricants that maintain their lubricity and viscosity properties to reduce maintenance costs associated with re-lubrication, component failure, and downtime in demanding applications. They are created by thickening synthetic perfluoropolyether-based oil (PFPE) with polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) powder.
Hi, let us know if you have any questions as you visit our website.